AFE-INNOVNET webinar on “Age-friendly buildings and outdoors”
Stakeholders of the AFE-INNOVNET network are all working towards an age-friendly community that enables all citizens of all ages to be and remain active citizens in their community. An age-friendly community can be achieved if all actors work together on the eight domains identified by the World Health Organisation and have a clear impact on citizens’ lives:
- Community and health care
- Social participation
- Outdoor spaces and buildings
- Respect and social inclusion
- Civic participation and employment
- Communication and information
Two speakers are invited at AFE-INNOVNET next webinar to discuss how the buildings and outdoors can have a direct impact on the well-being of the senior citizens and how it can help them age actively and healthily:
- Menno Hinkema - Senior Research Scientist at TNO will present key research findings on the topic
- Robin Serjeant – Appeals Officer at the City of Manchester will present the actions that have been implemented in Manchester to go towards and age-friendly Manchester, namely by working on the age-friendliness of parks and houses.
The webinar will take place on Thursday 24 September 2015 at 11:00 (CET – Brussels’ time).
We invite you to register here.
Should you need more information, please send an email to email@example.com.